Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cropping photos
I frequently crop photographs I've taken. I crop, click inside the cropped image and save. When I return to the cropped image I am able to still drag parts of the UNCROPPED image into the crop box. First, how do I fix this? I want to eliminate the uncropped material.
This causes a problem when I want to affix a signature to the cropped image. When I bring the .png signature in it is centered in the image. When I try to drag the signature into place I'm dragging the image instead.
Sure these are easy fixes?
Enable Delete Cropped Pixels in the crop tool options.

Quote:When I bring the .png signature in it is centered in the image. When I try to drag the signature into place I'm dragging the image instead.

Centered is normal. Using the move tool, ensure the pointer is on a solid pixel or enable Move the active layer in the move tool options.
(On layers with transparent areas, the move tool will find the first solid pixel under the cursor, often the background layer)
(07-25-2021, 02:06 PM)RCRapp Wrote: When I bring the .png signature in it is centered in the image. When I try to drag the signature into place I'm dragging the image instead.
Sure these are easy fixes?

By default the Move tools picks the layer which is opaque where you click, so make sure you click on an opaque part of the signature before you drag. You can also change the Move tool behavior, Shift-click will make it move the current layer.