Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dds support?
(07-20-2023, 06:03 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(07-20-2023, 03:38 AM)y2keeth Wrote:
(07-19-2023, 02:20 PM)CmykStudent Wrote: y2keeth: Hi! Do you have a link to your issue report? Improving DDS support is one of the things I hope to work on before the next release, so I'd be interested in reading over it.

just asking a question on  rxgb  its a issue if the answer is no

Did you report it or did you not?

no because i am not sure
(07-20-2023, 09:13 AM)y2keeth Wrote:
(07-20-2023, 03:38 AM)y2keeth Wrote:  just asking a question on  rxgb  its a issue if the answer is no

no because i am not sure

@CmykStudent is a GIMP team's member, he asked you to report it like that he can potentially fix it (here it's not the place for that), and he even added "Improving DDS support is one of the things I hope to work on before the next release", thus he would like to do it!

Please don't wait, report it today at https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues , log with your google or whatever account, or create a new one, but when you got a GIMP developer asking you to report it to work on it, please don't let him wait... please Wink
Patrice
I asked a question
I'll ask again does dtx5 rxgb have the alpha channel in the x channel?
dont want to report a question as a issue
@y2keeth, Your question.

Quote:...isnt the x channel suppose to have the alpha channel?

Yes

A very quick search, brings up this. https://code.google.com/archive/p/nvidia...ssion.wiki   -  see: Capcon's DXT trick

Not many (any) game players are regular contributers on this forum. Some come, ask a question and go.

Edit: My favourite cartoon, I hand scanned that 20-something years ago Wink Games graphic formats are a bit of a dark art, Is there not a games forum somewhere that can give answers ?
(07-20-2023, 03:38 AM)y2keeth Wrote:
(07-19-2023, 02:20 PM)CmykStudent Wrote: y2keeth: Hi! Do you have a link to your issue report? Improving DDS support is one of the things I hope to work on before the next release, so I'd be interested in reading over it.

just asking a question on  rxgb  its a issue if the answer is no

nope

(07-21-2023, 07:49 AM)rich2005 Wrote: @y2keeth, Your question.

Quote:...isnt the x channel suppose to have the alpha channel?

Yes

A very quick search, brings up this. https://code.google.com/archive/p/nvidia...ssion.wiki   -  see: Capcon's DXT trick

Not many (any) game players are regular contributers on this forum. Some come, ask a question and go.

Edit: My favourite cartoon, I hand scanned that 20-something years ago Wink  Games graphic formats are a bit of a dark art, Is there not a games forum somewhere that can give answers ?

so is gimp using the capcom trick with rxgb? lol

asking here because i am working in gimp so yeah lol
(07-22-2023, 04:04 AM)y2keeth Wrote: so is gimp using the capcom trick with rxgb? lol

I do not know, you will have to do your own investigation. Really would be a good idea to ask the Gimp devs but that is your decision.

Quote: asking here because i am working in gimp so yeah lol

That is good, these problems always seem to go back to "use PS and that nVidia tool". Maybe you can report back with your findings as a help to other game users.
(07-22-2023, 07:18 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 04:04 AM)y2keeth Wrote: so is gimp using the capcom trick with rxgb? lol

I do not know, you will have to do your own investigation. Really would be a good idea to ask the Gimp devs but that is your decision.

Quote: asking here because i am working in gimp so yeah lol  

That is good, these problems always seem to go back to "use PS and that nVidia tool". Maybe you can report back with your findings as a help to other game users.

"use PS and that nVidia tool" funny that was my solution since i cant get a straight answer here
in case you think i am kidding or anybody seeing this wants  actual help
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/ba...b/254744/2
(07-22-2023, 01:52 PM)y2keeth Wrote:  "use PS and that nVidia tool" funny that was my solution since i cant get a straight answer here

That is good, it might give other games players a clue as to a solution. No regular games players on this forum and I guess you will not one either.

A straight answer, You could have cooperated and sent any information you have to the Gimp developers but that is your decision.
(07-22-2023, 02:12 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 01:52 PM)y2keeth Wrote:  "use PS and that nVidia tool" funny that was my solution since i cant get a straight answer here

That is good, it might give other games players a clue as to a solution. No regular games players on this forum and I guess you will not one either.

A straight answer, You could have cooperated and sent any information you have to the Gimp developers but that is your decision.

yeah well making fun of people asking a question is not very smart if you want people to use your software
I will still probably see if its a issue anyway for the other guy