Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
default output folder
Likely a stupid question, but I do not see where to change the gimp default output folder; it's always "Documents" the first time (then it maintains what I say), but I think it's really somehow stupid to consider a gimp outcome as a "document", at least an "image", but even better would be to set it according to personal preferences. Thanks.
At the bottom of the left hand column (the one with Documents) is a small + and a -
Use those to set up your preferred folders.
Thanks, I know how to change where to save(export) the image, I would like to have the change permanent (i.e. NOT seeing Documents selected, but the folder I chose once forever). Maybe it's not possible.
Not really Gimp's decision, it is how the GtkFileChooser widget is implemented. One thing you an do:

1) locate a GtKfileChooser.ini on your system (likely somewhere in your C:\users\your_id\AppData on Windows)
2) Edit the line StartupMode to read StartupMode=cwd (the other option is recent)

This will add a line with the current directory near the top of the bookmarks panel in the widget, you can then edit your Gimp shortcuts to start it in some specific directory.

Otherwise you can always add directories in the bookmark panel. The Recently used bookmark is also fairly useful.
Thanks Ofnuts, just done the first steps (1)+(2).
Not able to understand/apply the subsequent step.
Right-click the Gimp shortcut, it there somewhere (possibly in some "advanced options" dialog).