Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dpi does not change
Hello,
I use to be able to go to the "scale image" function and change the x/y resolution, lets say 72 to 300.  I hit scale now, it closes, I reopen and it says that the resolution  has changed, image size has not, which is a bad sign.

I Save the file to "webP" and reopen, only to find in the properties that the file is the same size and the resolution is still 72 dpi.

I would say this function is not working correctly anymore, but it was in the past.

Anyone see where I am messing up?

Thanks
Richard
Quote:I use to be able to go to the "scale image" function and change the x/y resolution, lets say 72 to 300.  I hit scale now, it closes, I reopen and it says that the resolution  has changed, image size has not, which is a bad sign.

hmmm....no

Gimp images are sized in pixels and if all you do is change the resolution, nothing is scaled. This is the same as using Image -> Print Size  Example of a before after, resolution changed, image size in pixels the same, real world units ( inches = print size ) changes.

Quote:I Save the file to "webP" and reopen, only to find in the properties that the file is the same size and the resolution is still 72 dpi.

Best guess. You have not enabled Exif data where the resolution value is held.

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Image-size-in-Gimp