Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drag-drop image in layer turned to black and white [solved]
Hi,
I upgraded to GIMP 2.10. 12 yesterday and when I dropped an image into a new layer with white or transparent background, the image (drop buffer) turned to black and white. How can I prevent this from happening?

I'm using PCLOS KDE 5.
Likely because the image you dragged it in was in Grayscale oor Color-indexed mode. Set the target image to RGB mode (Image>Mode>RGB)

Btw, given the published Gimp release in your profile, you must own a  DeLorean?
I updated my desktop computer to Gimp 2.10.12 as well Wink Just checking that it is not a peculiarity of PClinuxOS

You do have to start off with a RGB image, drag-n-drop into a layer,

[Image: AmDzDjC.jpg]

Otherwise , if you start of with grayscale (or indexed) you get that. No good changing the mode now. You have to start off in RGB mode.

[Image: 54QAdE0.jpg]
(06-15-2019, 05:45 AM)gimpmel Wrote: Hi,
I upgraded to GIMP 2.12 yesterday and when I dropped an image into a new layer with white or transparent background, the image (drop buffer) turned to black and white. How can I prevent this from happening?

I'm using PCLOS KDE 5.

Oh, it's 2 .10 .12 not 2.12 - my gimplet error.

@rich2005,
Thanks.

It's the first I've ever encountered this issue. I never had to make any known effort to set the mode at start. It's only last night right after the upgrade it happned and these are pics have been using on GIMP for a while now. Anyway, today I started GIMP, didn't set mode or anything and did drag 'n' drop the same pic in a layer and it remained in colour.

So don't know what happened last night or if this may be a on/off thing that will be happening.

Thanks again for pointing that out.