Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
features
Hi
Just started using Gimp. I am trying to utilise the software to show property boundaries with my drone. I have managed to get the path tool to create the boudary of the land but I cannot find a method of altering the colour outside the path. I want to grey scale everything outside the property/land boundary. Thanks
On you have a closed path, Select ➤ From path then Select ➤ Invert. You now have a selection on everything outside the path, that you can alter at will (desaturate, de-contrast, darken, blur...) without altering anything inside the path.
Hi Thanks
I have tried path select then invert the path animates but how do I add the colour outside the path. I have tried clicking outside but nothing happens when I select colour picker?
If you have created a path and then converted it to a selection. Then you inverted the selection. Now go to colors on the top menu. In the drop down menu select desaturate and then colors to grey. It will act on the current selection which is everything outside of the path. Choose another option in that drop down menu if you want to do something other than turn to grey.
(10-29-2021, 06:24 PM)Derek-123 Wrote: Hi Thanks
I have tried path select then invert the path animates but how do I add the colour outside the path. I have tried clicking outside but nothing happens when I select colour picker?

Thanks.
I hope that means you got it to work. If not post for more clarification. You may prefer saturation also under the colors menu. You don't have to go completely grey. The scale option allows for different levels of desaturation.
(10-30-2021, 05:35 PM)zeuspaul Wrote: I hope that means you got it to work.  If not post for more clarification.  You may prefer saturation also under the colors menu.  You don't have to go completely grey.  The scale option allows for different levels of desaturation.
Yes thanks. I completed the steps as you suggested and I have created a land boudary and the gray scale. would you mind confirming if my steps for changing the gray scale to another colour are correct. Just now I am selecting the adjust with active foreground colour( two small squares) Then after adjusting the colour, edit and fill with FG colour.
I can't help with that.  You may want to experiment with hue-saturation in the colors menu.  You can select different colors and adjust their saturation and lightness.
Hi Hope you can help. I have taken an aerial photograph of a property with the intention of forming a path around the property border. I have created the path and grey scaled everything outside the path. I would like to copy and paste the image inside the path and then and paste to a solid colour background that I can then add text to is this possible . Thanks
I went back to the beginning and some suggestions for you Wink

https://youtu.be/qOPkLVG-fyM   about 4 minutes.