Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
few issues with 2.10.8
Hi,

I'm band new to the forum.
I'm having a few issues with 2.10.8.

Opening files from within GIMP takes a very long time.  As in just opening the dialog boxes takes 60/90+.
I'm also having issues trying to get my XP Pen graphics tablet to work.  It's recognised but will not work in GIMP.  when i go to use it on the canvas nothing happens and then the mouse stops being able to paint.
I've followed every guide I can find but nothing seems to work.

Any tips?

PC is Ryzen 1800x, 16GB RAM Win10 x64

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that the slow running may be related to this searching for an A:\ bug that i've seen.  Unfortunately by BIOS has no option to disable the legacy floppy drive support.
Maybe similar to this?
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-GIMP-2...responding

ANOTHER EDIT:
This is a fresh win10 install.
I can't type...
I'm using 2.8.22 now and the graphics tablet works just fine. Other issues are still present though.
So I've had to go back to 2.10.8 as my saved files were incompatible.
Same problem is back, i select the graphics tablet in GIMP but it will not paint onto the canvas. I cannot get it to work at all. The dotted circle that shows you where the brush is stays on the edge of the paining space against the docks which the cursor is over the canvas.

Any ideas how i can fix this?
I have a very similar issue, but only on my new desktop. Lenovo ThinkCentre M710 16Gb Win10 Creators Release, 1Tb SDD. On my other 3 computers (Dell or HP Laptop, all Win 10, all 12Gb or more, but with HDD) I don't have the problem of very slow file open/save/export. While it only takes 2-3 seconds to start either Gimp 2.8 or 2.10, on either version with my Lenovo it takes 2 min+ just to open a file browser to open or save, and the same time to export. I think it's related to file browsing, as once I get there the open, save, or export is quick. Any solutions?
(01-20-2019, 06:23 PM)warrenmudd Wrote: I have a very similar issue, but only on my new desktop. Lenovo ThinkCentre M710 16Gb Win10 Creators Release, 1Tb SDD. On my other 3 computers (Dell or HP Laptop, all Win 10, all 12Gb or more, but with HDD) I don't have the problem of very slow file open/save/export. While it only takes 2-3 seconds to start either Gimp 2.8 or 2.10, on either version with my Lenovo it takes 2 min+ just to open a file browser to open or save, and the same time to export. I think it's related to file browsing, as once I get there the open, save, or export is quick. Any solutions?

I found a fix, at least on my Lenovo. It's a small form factor desktop, with SDD drive, no CDROM slots, all USB and/or HDMI. I disabled the FDD (floppy disk) from the boot priority list (see the Lenovo support site for instructions) and all of a sudden every version of Gimp fires right up and the file open, save, export all work in microseconds. No more lag time. Windows 10 Creators Edition, Lenovo ThinkCentre 710Q.