Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
file extensions
I am new to forums so I hope I am asking the right people.

Anyway, I am confused after I export  3 files (say a .dds file and .psd file and a .png file) to a directory.  When I go to the windows explorer to view the files, they all appear to be the same.  I can't tell the difference between the .dds file and the .psd file because they have all been written over with a GIMP 2.10 file extension.  I would simply like the file to be exported as filename.dds or filename.png.   Instead I get filename.GIMP 2.10 and filename.GIMP 2.10.  Can this be disabled or is there a way to rename them without the GIMP part?

I hope someone can help.

Frank
By default the Windows file explorer doesn't display the file extensions, so did you at least disable this?

And even then, the file explorert could be trying to "help", so best use a command prompt, and use DIR to check the actual directory contents.
(07-03-2020, 06:13 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: By default the Windows file explorer doesn't display the file extensions, so did you at least disable this?

And even then, the file explorert could be trying to "help", so best use a command prompt, and use DIR to check the actual directory contents.

Thank you so much.  I never even thought of unhiding file extensions.  It worked like a charm.

Frank
Smile