Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fuzzy select refuses to select background
1. I'm on the right layer + nothing is currently selected
2. I have the fuzzy tool in "add" mode
3. Threshold is at the default of 15
4. I just reset the default values, closed the program and then reopened it and it's still doing this. 

It currently selects the image itself but not the background. Any idea what's going on?

Attached Files
.xcf   trophy.xcf (Size: 590.58 KB / Downloads: 276)
(03-02-2020, 09:02 PM)marigolden Wrote: 1. I'm on the right layer + nothing is currently selected
4. I just reset the default values, closed the program and then reopened it and it's still doing this. 

It currently selects the image itself but not the background. Any idea what's going on?

Shouldn't the fuzzy tool be in "replace" mode?
Otherwise it was "adding" to emptyness...(?)
(03-02-2020, 09:14 PM)Zero01 Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 09:02 PM)marigolden Wrote: 1. I'm on the right layer + nothing is currently selected

Shouldn't the fuzzy tool be in "replace" mode?
Otherwise it was "adding" to emptyness...(?)

I had tried both! And both worked to select the image, just not the background
Where do you click, background or cup? What is the selection criterion?
(03-02-2020, 10:02 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Where do you click, background or cup? What is the selection criterion?

The background. I want to put an outline on the outside (not on the empty space inside the handles), hence selecting the background and then inverting method