Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gifs from pngs.. a few questions, starting with:
Only just seen, "Instead of retime-linked-layers, try the shiny new ofn-retime-layersso not used in this example Wink

I could be very wrong, at first I thought there was a bug in the gimp 2.10 gif export, but Gimp 2.8 is the same, so if it is a bug it has been around a long time.

Quote:...[i have a hundred frame animation, most of the frames need to be .07 seconds, the first frame needs to be anything from 1 to 6 seconds[/color]

The first bit is easy, after editing and optimising, exporting to a gif with a delay of 70ms will set all frame delays to 70 ms.

The second bit changing some specified frames to a different delay I find a problem. Changing the layer name is not sufficient, needs to be in the gif export dialogue as well. That means one change per export, which is a pita.

However, taken slowly I get a workflow of

Edit in RGB mode and when finished optimise it.
Export as a gif setting the delay a base value (70ms in this case).

Change the delay for any individual layers names on a delay required basis. All the 3000ms layers for example.
Export as a gif (overwriting if you want) using the 3000 delay and other settings off. (use delay for all off)

Repeat that last for all the required frames of specific duration.  All very tedious  having to re-export at each stage. Must be a better way. Might be the number of layers, editing small number is no problem

As a video: 5 minutes:  https://youtu.be/t9jmmZO_w-w