Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gimp Tools text select text and hover to see name of the font when not installed on s
Hello, I had to reinstall gimp and some of the fonts in my previously created xcf files are not "on the system" - I need to make an edit and need to find out what the font is to reinstall it. Somehow when I was on the text layer and selected "Tools > Text" and selected the text, while the text box was in red and said "Standard" (Since font not on system) there was a "pop up"? that identified the font. When I try to duplicate this for another font style, I can't. Does anyone know what the steps are to see this?

Thank you!
This is one of Ofnuts invaluable plugins, a python script, from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-to...s/scripts/  text-info-0.1.py dated 2014-08-26

For a Gimp .xcf file some text information is stored with the file.

Once the plugin is installed, it is a right click in the font layer, bottom of the menu is a Show text information.. Click on that and it gives the font as (all-in-one-screenshot):

Then up to you to find the font, put it into your Gimp fonts folder and open the file again.