Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gimp window off screen
Hi,
I'm running gimp 2.10.12 within opensuse leap 15.3. I do use a two-sreen mode on and off. When I open gimp now its window is not matching any of the two screens. I'm also not able to resize the window to match the screen. The handle for pulling down the top shows up but doesn't do anything. So the bottom margin of the window is somewhere below the screen(s). Any picture that I open in gimp is only partially visible. I've searched the configuration files to find a parameter I could adjust and then open gimp again but haven't had any luck so far. I suspect this is a bug as I can't remember having experienced the same problem with gimp 2.8.
Thanks for any hint!
You can always bring back the window in sight using the shortcuts, but how to do so depends on you desktop/window manager. In KDE a right click on the window icon in the status bar show a menu with aMove somewhere, otherwise, using a visible window, you can check for other shortcuts.

Otherwise, you can:

- Edit the sessionrc file in your Gimp profile
- Reset Windows positions in the preferences
Did something like this come up before where the monitors were different screen resolutions ?
ie. laptop and external monitor.