Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gmic and fits
Im using windows 11. I have tried both the stable and dev version of gmic.
The output files on my zwo seestar s50 is a stacked fits file im wanting to process.
However when i load up something like, Easy Skin Retouch, under gmic, i get a 'Preview Error'.
If i use a jpg of a photo it works fine. it seems to just not like this fits photo.
I have seen videos of ppl months ago using this with fits from the seestar, so not sure whats up.
Any ideas? would like to have it function.

or more precise..

Preview error:
*** Error in ./iain_easy_skin_retouch_preview/iain_easy_skin_retouch/*repeat/*local/&local/*if/*if/ ***
Command 'compose_grainmerge': Invalid selection '[-1,-2] (no image available).

thanks to anyone that can help in advance.

JP
Huh
I had to dig up a fits file to test and using kubuntu 20.04 / Gimp 2.10.36 / gimp_gmic_qt 3.3.3 The image opens (with an error message pop-up) Grayscale 32-bit floating-point.

As-is I get the same gmic error message. Change Grayscale to RGB Image -> Mode -> RGB fixes the gmic error. You might have to change precision to 8 bit.
There might be other issues, I do not know, it is not a format I use. If you have a stack of images remember to set gmic input to all or active and above
(02-09-2024, 08:35 AM)rich2005 Wrote: I had to dig up a fits file to test and using kubuntu 20.04 / Gimp 2.10.36 / gimp_gmic_qt 3.3.3   The image opens (with an error message pop-up)  Grayscale 32-bit floating-point.

As-is I get the same gmic error message. Change Grayscale to RGB Image -> Mode -> RGB fixes the gmic error.  You might have to change precision to 8 bit.
There might be other issues, I do not know, it is not a format I use.  If you have a stack of images remember to set gmic input to all or active and above

changing it to rgb fixed it. thank you so much =)