Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
half of the tools don't work
I can't find any solution on the Internet.  Everything used to work a few weeks ago, now half of the tools won't work.  

Works:  
- move
- select tools
- crop
- scale tools
- paint bucket tools
- text tool
- colors

WON'T WORK:
- pencil, paintbrush, etc
- eraser
- clone
- smudge

I've followed all the recommendations I could find.  It's in RGB mode.

I'm stumped

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Canvas resize window isn't useful, A clear view of the Layers list would be more useful for this.

Have you still go the problem with an image you create from scratch?

Did you check this and this?
Your pencil tool has the Dynamics option set to Negative Size Pressure.
Switch to Dynamics Off, and check if this tool is working again.
(04-22-2021, 12:48 PM)Krikor Wrote: Your pencil tool has the Dynamics option set to Negative Size Pressure.

THIS WAS IT! THANK YOU!  Odd though, is this the default setting?  I uninstalled GIMP and reinstalled, and like I mentioned, half the tools didn't work until I turned Dynamics Off.  

Anyway, thank you!

(04-22-2021, 06:42 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: The Canvas resize window isn't useful, A clear view of the Layers list would be more useful for this.

Thank you for you reply; though Krikor mentioned the Dynamics setting, and that was it Big Grin But as to your suggestion, yes, I did check all of those suggestions on the other posts.  Thanks!
Quote:Odd though, is this the default setting?  I uninstalled GIMP and reinstalled, and like I mentioned, half the tools didn't work until I turned Dynamics Off.  

There is a setting in Edit -> Preferences -> Tool  Options "Save tool options on exit"  By default this is on

Sometime in the past you enabled that dynamics option. The setting is held in the user profile C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10 This remains between installations, so that upgrading to a new Gimp version does not involve setting up your preferences from scratch.

If you need to reset it is in  Edit -> Preferences -> Tool  Options as well.  Click on Reset Saved Tool Options to Default Values.  Ok that, restart Gimp.
(04-23-2021, 01:56 AM)bombitmd Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 12:48 PM)Krikor Wrote: Your pencil tool has the Dynamics option set to Negative Size Pressure.

THIS WAS IT! THANK YOU!  Odd though, is this the default setting?  I uninstalled GIMP and reinstalled, and like I mentioned, half the tools didn't work until I turned Dynamics Off.  

Anyway, thank you!

(04-22-2021, 06:42 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: The Canvas resize window isn't useful, A clear view of the Layers list would be more useful for this.

Thank you for you reply; though Krikor mentioned the Dynamics setting, and that was it Big Grin But as to your suggestion, yes, I did check all of those suggestions on the other posts.  Thanks!

Check that dynamics are Dynamics off is the last suggestion in the 2nd link Smile

Otherwise, see this.
(04-23-2021, 08:30 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(04-23-2021, 01:56 AM)bombitmd Wrote:

Anyway, thank you!

Check that dynamics are Dynamics off is the last suggestion in the 2nd link Smile

Otherwise, see this.

Oh yeah, it was! haha :Big Grin Well, thanks to everyone !!!