Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do I lighten image
Hi
I have my image on my monitor that looks good to print. But when I print it; it looks much darker then it did on screen.
So how do I lighten it please?
Thanks
A simple way is to duplicate the image to a new layer and set the layer mode from this new layer on 'screen'. Then move the opacity slider (on that new layer) until you are satisfied with the result.
(08-22-2021, 01:04 AM)(Hoginton Wrote: Hi
I have my image on my monitor that looks good to print. But when I print it; it looks much darker then it did on screen.
So how do I lighten it please?
Thanks

You don't "lighten" your image. You make sure that your monitor and your printer give similar results. This is called color calibration (and is OK only for a given setting of your display brightness of course).
Most monitors and laptop displays come with a default brightness setting that is too high. If you do not want to splash out on a calibration device then a simple by-eye brightness procedure is described here: https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutori...ration.htm

Even that might not be possible with a laptop, where brightness controls are coarse. then it is down to knowing your computer / printer characteristics and adjusting the output in the printer dialogue (not Gimp) before printing.