Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to fill middle of image by drag/zoom rest of image
(05-16-2022, 08:44 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: yet another way (could be the simplest) is to use a displace map. More or less like whirl pinch but with more control:
Playing with the "shape" of the gradient (using Levels/Curves) on the map layer allows you to fine-tune the pinch behavior.  

That's a very nice solution Ofnuts with plenty options. [Image: thumbsup.png]

Thumbs Up 
yep that is a great solution! Really fantastic.

I don't understand what the impact of Layer 2 is...i.e. a center blurred black circle...but once I created that as a new layer and put it in the same order you had in the Layers box, it worked!!

Thanks so much for your tenacity.

I was also able to get some other very interesting options to use but I think this is the best (i.e. same as you).

Do I need to mark [solved] or anything?

Layer 2 tells how to move pixels. Middle grey is no change, dark gray (down to black) is negative change, light grays (up to white) is positive change. As you may have seen there are two modes: Cartesian (there is a layer for X and one for Y) and polar (a layer for the radial move and one for a rotation).

In your case, the map is such that anything on the central rim is move dto the center, and anything between that rim and the middle grey area is moved proportionally towards the center to stretch the contents. If you add a layer of concentric circles to map the "whirl", pixels ill be dragged CW or CCW depending on their distance to the center and this creates undulations.