Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pencil tool lines become invisible
Hi Guys,
I have spent considerable time using the Pencil tool drawing lines on a Layer. I then moved to the base Layer, used Free Select tool and Bucket Filled the selection. I can no longer get the Pencil to draw visible lines. Is this fixable? Many thanks, farmalama.
Gimp 2.10.22 on macOS Montery.
Could be that you do not have the correct layer selected? Have a look at your other layer and see if what you were tyring to do is not on that layer

Smile
Various possibilities, layer pixel lock on, wrong layer/layer visibiliy..

..but first thing to try is turn any active selection off Select -> None easy to overlook a tiny active selection.
(04-09-2023, 08:12 AM)sallyanne Wrote: Could be that you do not have the correct layer selected? Have a look at your other layer and see if what you were tyring to do is not on that layer

Sadly not that easy, thanks.

(04-09-2023, 08:15 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Various possibilities, layer pixel  lock on, wrong layer/layer visibiliy..

..but first thing to try is turn any active selection off Select -> None easy to overlook a tiny active selection.

Select/None, spot on first time, thanks rich. I'm only an old simple crofter in the Scottish Highlands doing some mapping and you've saved my day.