Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
layer toggling
Hi there, haven't posted anything for a while. Can someone please help me. I can't seem to toggle the layers up and down so i can put thing in front or behind in the work area.

Al

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

More information required.
From your screenshot, the active layer is maincircle and the active tool is bucket fill.

Are you aiming to move the active layer (maincircle) up or down the layer stack and Layer -> Stack -> Raise /Lower layer (or alternatives up/down arrows / click-n-drag) do not work (1) ?
or 
Are you trying to move the layer maincircle relative to the other layers ? In that case the layer lock is on (2) toggle it off and use the Move tool. 

Thanks for the response. Sorry for not explaining properly. I have figured out using the arrows to toggle the layers. I have just tried to toggle the layer lock on and off but it isn't responding. Nothing happens when I try.
Quote: I have just tried to toggle the layer lock on and off but it isn't responding. Nothing happens when I try...

The layer lock prevents the layer moving with the move tool horizontally or vertically. No effect on the layer position in the layer stack.

Used when other layers have lots of transparency and the move tool might pick that layer, typically the bottom layer, and move it much to the annoyance of the user.
Thanks mate