Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
logo disappears when I use "darken only"
Hey, I have the following problem (Gimp 2.10.22)

I create a T-Shirt mockup for my online store. In a guide I saw that you can use the "darken only" mode for your logo in order to make it look more realistic when the logo is placed on a part of the t-shirt that has some folds. However, when I use "darken only" my logo turns invisible. I have the impression it somehow makes the logo itself transparent so I guess I have a wrong setting somehow... Anyone has a clue how I could fix that? Thanks in advance Smile
How one layer interacts with another layer unsurprisingly depends on the layers, modes and colours.
These T-shirt templates can be complicated, involving many layers, any might have an effect.
This example, a simplified template. The logo (made up red blue green white squares) is between the shirt body and the 'folds', typical setup.
You can check the interaction using the 'Mode' menu top of the layers menu. Use the mouse scroll wheel to quickly run through the variations. You might find one that works.

demo animation: https://i.imgur.com/pgkucAP.mp4
(04-11-2021, 10:46 AM)banuhl Wrote: Hey, I have the following problem (Gimp 2.10.22)

I create a T-Shirt mockup for my online store. In a guide I saw that you can use the "darken only" mode for your logo in order to make it look more realistic when the logo is placed on a part of the t-shirt that has some folds. However, when I use "darken only" my logo turns invisible. I have the impression it somehow makes the logo itself transparent so I guess I have a wrong setting somehow... Anyone has a clue how I could fix that? Thanks in advance Smile

Darken only means that the pixels are kept if they are darker tja, the image below. If the image below is already darked than the logo, there won't be much logo left.

IMHO if you have folds, other modes such asMultiply are often better, because they keep some some of the luminosity changes, so you logo acquires the shadows of the folds, even if it isn't distorted like them.