Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
macbook lag with 2.10.34 (version1)
Hi, I'm trying to improve the laggy performance, in particular lag related to my Wacom pen. I read previous threads about "hardware acceleration" in "playground" but was not able to find in system resources. Not sure what the best solve here is.

Thank you so much for any help or suggestions.
(07-08-2023, 12:40 AM)labam003 Wrote: Hi, I'm trying to improve the laggy performance, in particular lag related to my Wacom pen. I read previous threads about "hardware acceleration" in "playground" but was not able to find in system resources. Not sure what the best solve here is.

Thank you so much for any help or suggestions.

For a permanent solution:
You need to add --show-playground in the command or the link > to open GIMP with the playground activated

For example on Linux, I opened the menu editor

For a test:
or you can do it in terminal (should work the same way as Linux as you are on a Unix system), then hit the Enter/Return key

GIMP will open
Then just go to Edit > Preferences, a window opens`

Patrice
You can try the OpenCL option but it was moved out of the main preferences menu to the hidden 'playground' because it is buggy.

The last report of MacOS - Wacom - lag was two years ago and apparently fixed and closed after Gimp 2.10.22

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/6336 You might need to resurrect the bug report.