Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tools not working
Hello,
For months now various tools and functions have not been working properly or at all in Gimp. The select by colour often makes a selection, but, for example, I can't invert it and delete or change the background, or the selection itself. Once I've made a selection by colour, I have tried the manual command as well as clicking the option in the EDIT tab to fill with forground colour, but nothing happens. There are other tools and functions not working either. I'm stuck. Can anyone help? I have Gimp GIMP 2.10.32 currently. I use a Mac Monteray. 12.6.1
Can you post a (few) small gimp .xcf file(s) where it happens ?
(12-16-2022, 03:44 PM)denzjos Wrote: Can you post a (few) small gimp .xcf file(s) where it happens ?

Hi Denzjos!

Thanks for your reply.
It's greatly appreciated.
I noticed you said 'small' files.
That might give me a clue what's happening.
I tried uploading a file that wasn't working, but it was too large to attach.
I tried smaller images to show the same problem, but Gimp worked fine for those.
I make artwork and use Gimp to digitize them for limited edition print versions.
I have made the dimensions for my prints to be life-size, which varies from piece to piece.
However, I just noticed a pattern.
It seems to be only the very large artworks that this problem happens with.
Initially, when I create these files on Gimp I get a warning about their size, but proceed anyway.
Do you think having large file sizes and dimensions would cause this problem?
I couldn't attach the file to show you.
Thanks!
ps. the image I've attached is not relevant. I needed to attach something in order to get rid of the larger file so that i could press send to this reply.
Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

denzjosCan you post a (few) small gimp .xcf file(s) where it happens ?

I think my solution is to create smaller files and then print them in larger sizes through the printer settings.

If that's it, thanks for helping me help myself! Smile 

You actually did that by mentioning the small gimp file, as opposed to any gimp file. Thanks for mentioning that detail.