Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
menus and modes
hello,

runing along fine learning gimp when i must have pressed some buttons by accident.   my display and how i use the software changed and now i am kinda lost doing things that were normal to me.  some examples are i no longer see the open image icons/thumbnails along the top pf the main window.  when i open ip 1 layer out of many it tranfers me to window with just that layer and i can no longer see the other layers.  The part of the display which shows the forground and background colors and active gradient are missing.   have tried playiong with windoes>single window mode.    wondering what i may have pressed and how to correct?    (windows zp and GIMP 2.8.22)

thanks

The best way is reset Gimp back to default settings.

Edit -> Preferences -> Window Management -> then click on Reset Saved Windows Positions to Default Values.
Ok that Restart Gimp.

I did this video one time for a similar issue. It might/might not help https://youtu.be/i2sKkA3vqvw
thanks for the help. im back to 95 percent . i sure would like to know how to get the little icons/thumbnails of all the open images along the top of my main window. all i can find now is the dockable dialog called images??

thanks again
(09-19-2018, 11:27 PM)dhugg Wrote: thanks for the help.  im back to 95 percent . i sure would like to know how to get the little icons/thumbnails of all the open images along the top of my main window.  all i can find now is the dockable dialog called images??

thanks again

Windows>Single window mode should do that