Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with the fill tool
Hi,

When I use the "fill tool" on a area: Inside the area, some pixs are missing and outside, some pixs appear. I probably did something without knowing it. It use to be fine but now, I'm unable to go back the way it should be.

I need help plaese!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Pierre
(07-07-2022, 03:00 PM)Pierre_Simard Wrote: Hi,

When I use the "fill tool" on a area: Inside the area, some pixs are missing and outside, some pixs appear. I probably did something without knowing it. It use to be fine but now, I'm unable to go back the way it should be.

I need help plaese!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Pierre
Very often what you assume to be uniform colors aren't so (especially if there has been some lossy compression, such as in JPEG). If you use the fill tool in "Fill similar colors" the algorithm used by default may be fooled by features of your image. There are a bunch of options to help, one being the "threshold", but of you have both missing and extra pixels this won't solve anything. A possible options is the "Fill by:" setting that changes what Gimp looks for to considers pixels to be similar enough, butr without seeing your image I cannot make any specific recommendation.