Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-extract-objects error
I am using this plugin to extract multiple objects in a layer from a base image to file with a numbered name patternSad{imageName}_{num1:02d}.jpg).

After each attempt, one object successfully extracts to file following the name convention, but the other objects do not extract and I receive two error notifications stating the following:

Message 1 (GIMP message): 

Calling error for procedure 'gimp-edit-copy':
Procedure 'gimp-edit-copy' has been called with an invalid ID for argument 'drawable'. Most likely a plug-in is trying to work on a layer that doesn't exist any longer.

Message 2 (Extract objects to file message):

Procedure 'gimp-edit-copy' has been called with an invalid ID for argument 'drawable'. Most likely a plug-in is trying to work on a layer that doesn't exist any longer.

I'll note that I've had no issues using this plugin in the exact same manner in the past, perhaps the plugin doesn't work on the most current version of GIMP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(02-06-2023, 05:55 PM)huey41 Wrote: I am using this plugin to extract multiple objects in a layer from a base image to file with a numbered name patternSad{imageName}_{num1:02d}.jpg).

After each attempt, one object successfully extracts to file following the name convention, but the other objects do not extract and I receive two error notifications stating the following:

I'll note that I've had no issues using this plugin in the exact same manner in the past, perhaps the plugin doesn't work on the most current version of GIMP?

This error still happens if you use the plugin without changes, using the default Layer Name patter: {layerName}[{num1:03d}]; ?
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(02-06-2023, 05:55 PM)huey41 Wrote: I am using this plugin to extract multiple objects in a layer from a base image to file with a numbered name patternSad{imageName}_{num1:02d}.jpg).

Just tested on 2.10.32... No problem for me.

Last version of script (from the code header comments) is:
Code:
#   v0.4: 2020-09-13 Fix crash when saving to file

(but that may not be your bug).

Does the bug still appear of you extract to layers?

If yes can you share the image (or an extract that still causes the problem)? (must be something borderline in the image)

A bit surprised that you export to JPG because you lose the transparency around the extracted objects, but that shouldn't prevent the script from working.