Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-path-to-cylinder
Python 
Here comes ofn-path-to-cylinder, hopefully a faster and easier way to map a path (text/logo) over a cylinder.

Comes with a big doc (took me longer to write the doc than the code...).

As you would have guessed you can download it from here.

Enjoy.
I still have to play around a lot with this plugin to feel confident using it.
But it looks like fun is guaranteed.

Thanks for the plugin

(03-06-2023, 10:32 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Comes with a big doc (took me longer to write the doc than the code...).

PS: Imagine the time it took me to read and understand 90% of the doc  Rolleyes

Image Quality 30%
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
Nice job ofnuts!

The real question is: is it easier that trying to use Map object (Cylinder)? because one of my motives was the frustration from hours trying to get something usable with Map Object....
(03-08-2023, 09:39 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: The real question is: is it easier that trying to use Map object (Cylinder)? because one of my motives was the frustration from hours trying to get something usable with Map Object....

I don't know how to properly use the "Map object (Cylinder)".
A long time ago I saw a post about how to use it, but I don't remember anything else.
@Krikor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhkSi1pSX0w
Thumbs Up 
(03-09-2023, 06:47 PM)denzjos Wrote: @Krikor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhkSi1pSX0w
@denzjos,

I was too lazy to search and came across a boring explanatory text of how this filter works. So I have simply been putting off any movement towards informing myself about this.
But I couldn't resist your link and went to check it out.
Fortunately, Davies MD got straight to the point and without much ado showed how to work with this filter.

Thanks for the tip!
Map object is not unusable (or even that hard to understand).... until you want to map something to an existing cylinder in your image, that elicits considerable amounts of trial and error, first for the size/position/rotation, then for the lighting. If/when they redo Map object with a live preview on the canvas then things will be a lot easier.
I did this using Ofnuts' path tools.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-10-2023, 10:28 AM)Blighty Wrote: I did this using Ofnuts' path tools.

You had a good case to test it to put something inside the ring...