Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-random-fill
(05-14-2022, 07:03 AM)nelo Wrote: I can download it without problems.

Do you use adblockers?
Maybe they stop the redirection processes that SF uses?
Does it work without adblocking?

I do use an adblocker. Never gave that much thought. Although, SF is whitelisted, as are a number of sites I frequent. Anyway, the new upload downloaded without any problems.

(05-14-2022, 07:02 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Re-uploaded a new ZIP after fixing a few typos in the doc (so the code is the same). Tell me how it goes.

Yes! It's working now [Image: thumbsup.png]
Few things in the hope it can help  Smile

Maybe telling people in the documentation where to find it in the GIMP's menu would be a plus (I needed to look at the code to find out where it is in the menu)
Filters ➤ Render ➤ Fill cells with random colors is not in the doc.

It rounds my hexagons (not keeping them sharp/straight)
A .xcf with my tests if you want to take a look it

.7z   Untitled.xcf.7z (Size: 481.78 KB / Downloads: 105)

I did tried
Alpha to selection/Invert ➤ No grow ➤ No bleed
Alpha to selection/Invert ➤ grow +1 ➤ No bleed
Alpha to selection/Invert ➤ No grow ➤ bleed +1
Alpha to selection/Invert ➤ grow +1 ➤ bleed +1

All of the above tests did round more or less the hexagons in a way or another

1000 colors... in the example below I have hard time to perceive the 330+ different colors, merely 50 or 100
Similar range may be to near to each other to be perceptible by human?  Or maybe it's just me...

(05-15-2022, 04:30 AM)PixLab Wrote: Few things in the hope it can help  Smile

Maybe telling people in the documentation where to find it in the GIMP's menu would be a plus (I needed to look at the code to find out where it is in the menu)
Filters ➤ Render ➤ Fill cells with random colors is not in the doc.

Agreed.

(05-15-2022, 04:30 AM)PixLab Wrote: It rounds my hexagons (not keeping them sharp/straight)
A .xcf with my tests if you want to take a look it

I did tried
Alpha to selection/Invert ➤ No grow ➤ No bleed
Alpha to selection/Invert ➤ grow +1 ➤ No bleed
Alpha to selection/Invert ➤ No grow ➤ bleed +1
Alpha to selection/Invert ➤ grow +1 ➤ bleed +1

All of the above tests did round more or less the hexagons in a way or another

The "Bleed" parameter is just a Select > Grow done before the fill. The only difference is that it is done after the path has been obtained from the selection (so it's a bit more accurate that doing it before).

The doc section Example and frequent use case: filling spaces a grid says to put the painted layer below the grid (with "below" in boldface in the doc), or to use the Behind paint mode. Try moving the "original hexagons" to the top of the stack in your image.

(05-15-2022, 04:30 AM)PixLab Wrote: 1000 colors... in the example below I have hard time to perceive the 330+ different colors, merely 50 or 100
Similar range may be to near to each other to be perceptible by human?  Or maybe it's just me...

Of course the frequent use cases are going to be around 20 colors. But here allowing to go up to 1000 isn't impacting people using small numbers (this isn't a slider).
(05-15-2022, 08:49 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: The "Bleed" parameter is just a Select > Grow done before the fill. The only difference is that it is done after the path has been obtained from the selection (so it's a bit more accurate that doing it before).

The doc section Example and frequent use case: filling spaces a grid says to put the painted layer below the grid (with "below" in boldface in the doc), or to use the Behind paint mode. Try moving the "original hexagons" to the top of the stack in your image.

Duhh... This is what happens when you don't read the doc properly or "too" fast Big Grin

That's a nice script, thank you [Image: thumbsup.png]