Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-truchet-path
No time to explain (or see Wikipedia). See some results here.

Click for animation:

.webp   TruchetAnim.webp (Size: 174.85 KB / Downloads: 242)
I have been playing with this and have come across this problem:

If image size is 120x120 – works fine.
If image size is 100x100 – fails.

Footnote 1:
Consider replacing "From layer levels" with 2 options:
NW -> SE
NE -> SW

Footnote 2:
This plug-in must have been easy to create. The Wikipedia article gives this solution:
10 PRINT CHR$(205.5+RND(1)); : GOTO 10
Smile
(08-27-2020, 09:53 AM)Blighty Wrote: I have been playing with this and have come across this problem:

If image size is 120x120 – works fine.
If image size is 100x100 – fails.

Footnote 1:
Consider replacing "From layer levels" with 2 options:
NW -> SE
NE -> SW

Footnote 2:
This plug-in must have been easy to create. The Wikipedia article gives this solution:
10 PRINT CHR$(205.5+RND(1)); : GOTO 10
Smile

Can reproduce the problem, will investigate

Suggestion accepted

In my codepages 205 and 206 aren't quarter-circles Smile
Updated the package on Sourceforge...
I tried to get the steganography result, but I'm not sure how to get that effect.

Any tips? :-)

Attached Files Image(s)

Defintely there. To decode,

1) find the tile size of the backrgound (duplicate the layer, set top to difference mode and see by how much you must shift it H and V to make it black again.
2) clipboard copy a rectangle selection of that size of the backrground (actual location or pixel alignment is unimportant)
3) bucket fill a layer with the clipboard pattern
4) put over the layer with the "hidden" text, set to difference mode and shift to minimize background

In fact when you shift the image over itself to determine the tile size you can already see the initial image more clearly:

Even if I select the Gradient or Pallet options, the filling is either Fill, Stroke or Paint, always produces a single color, never anything like the selected gradient or pallet.  Undecided

I thought it might be the Samj's Portable version I use (2.10.21). But the same is true with version 2.10.12.

How do you get multicolored results?   Huh

Okay, I think I found the colored stone paths!

(08-27-2020, 11:24 PM)Krikor Wrote: Even if I select the Gradient or Pallet options, the filling is either Fill, Stroke or Paint, always produces a single color, never anything like the selected gradient or pallet.  Undecided

I thought it might be the Samj's Portable version I use (2.10.21). But the same is true with version 2.10.12.

How do you get multicolored results?   Huh

Okay, I think I found the colored stone paths!

ofn-stroke-fill-paths takes paths, so you have to break the path into its component strokes (for example with ofn-path-edits>Break path apart).

The problem is that when you have nested strokes, if the inner stroke is filled before the outer stroke, you will only see the outer stroke in the result. To mitigate this, OTP creates a path where the strokes are sorted by length, so "Break path apart" will put the longer strokes (that are hopefully the outer ones) at the bottom of the stack, and OSFP will paint these before the shorter (and hopefully, inner) strokes. This is also why I added the new "Break path part by nesting order" option in OPE. This produces a path with all the outer strokes, one with the strokes nested in any of the previous, etc...

Caution: the nesting discovery algorithm in OPE is reasonably good, but the very contrived shapes produced by OTP break its main optimization, so the function takes time (several minutes for a 10px pattern on a 1000x1000 image, on my rather powerful PC)
Ofnuts, thanks for the script.  I can use it to make a simple hatch screen for hatching technical drawings.

(08-28-2020, 07:28 AM)denzjos Wrote: Ofnuts, thanks for the script.  I can use it to make a simple hatch screen for hatching technical drawings.

Yes, but complete overkill IMHO. I have other scripts to render grids with much simpler paths. And you can make a hatch very quickly with the Blend tool (select shape: "Bilinear", repeat: triangular, and drag a small (4-10px) diagonal segment).