Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofnuts' addon-on manager crashing in 2.10.2
With rich's youtube video, i was able to install Gimp 2.10.2 on my Win7 machine and keep 2.8, but now the addon-manager doesnt work.

You got more than me. An error message. I can not get addoncollectionmanager to work in Windows Gimp 2.10.2 either.

Tried all sorts of permutations without effect.

this starting with --verbose
Code:
Parsing 'C:\Users\rich\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\pluginrc'
Querying plug-in: 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\file-rawtherapee.exe'
Querying plug-in: 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\file-darktable.exe'
Querying plug-in: 'C:\Users\rich\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins\guillotine_into_layers.exe'
Querying plug-in: 'C:\Users\rich\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins\anitools.py'
Querying plug-in: 'C:\Users\rich\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins\addonCollectionManager-3.0.py'
Initializing plug-in: 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\file-rawtherapee.exe'
Initializing plug-in: 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\file-darktable.exe'
Writing 'C:\Users\rich\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\pluginrc'

Those couple of plugins anitools/guillotine are working, so plugins do work, but looking in pluginrc addonCollectionManager does not register.

Went back and tried in Gimp 2.10.0 and it works there. Conclusion, something in the update. The only difference in python is the version, 2.7.5 is now 2.7.15

Even went back to the old MrQ plugins - those do not work either.

Edit: Just checked my Linux 2.10.2 flatpak and addonCollectionManager is working there. Yet another sub-version of python 2.7.12

Edit again:

Maybe nothing to do with why addonCollectionManager not working. Some comparisons:

Windows Gimp 2.10.2 in a 64 bit Windows has a 32 bit python installation. (Gimp 2.8.x also uses 32 bit python.Why? do not know, presumably to make the dual 32/64 bit installer a bit more compact)

Windows Gimp 2.10.0 which is purely 64 bit.

and linux 64 bit just as reference.

[Image: oXdhn48.jpg]
is ofnuts on vacation or something ?
(05-22-2018, 06:52 PM)Espermaschine Wrote: is ofnuts on vacation or something ?

Long weekend, back soon
(05-21-2018, 09:19 PM)Espermaschine Wrote: With rich's youtube video, i was able to install Gimp 2.10.2 on my Win7 machine and keep 2.8, but now the addon-manager doesnt work.

Can you start Gimp in verbose mode and see you you get a message when the manager crashes (hopefully with somez mine number in the script)? Also, when does this happens? During initialization or are you doing something specific? Are the "storage" subdirectories created?

For the record, my "native" Python version in Kubuntu 16.04:

Code:
Python 2.7.12 (default, Nov 20 2017, 18:23:56)
[GCC 5.4.0 20160609] on linux2

and in the flatpak (different runtime):

Code:
Python 2.7.12 (default, Feb 17 2018, 16:52:07)
[GCC 6.2.0]

AFAIK Python V2 never went farther than 2.7.12...
(05-22-2018, 08:07 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Can you start Gimp in verbose mode and see you you get a message when the manager crashes (hopefully with somez mine number in the script)?

For some reason i cant get this to work. Used the command line like once, ages ago.
Im probably typing the wrong path in the cmd box, but i dont know what im doing wrong.

Quote:Also, when does this happens? During initialization or are you doing something specific?

I start Gimp 2.10.2, and when i rightclick in the dedicated tab to start the addon manager, the error message pops up.

Quote:Are the "storage" subdirectories created?

Yes

Quote:AFAIK Python V2 never went farther than 2.7.12...

I have python V 2.7.13 installed (comes with Inkscape)
(05-22-2018, 08:32 PM)Espermaschine Wrote:
(05-22-2018, 08:07 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Can you start Gimp in verbose mode and see you you get a message when the manager crashes (hopefully with somez mine number in the script)?
For some reason i cant get this to work. Used the command line like once, ages ago.
Im probably typing the wrong path in the cmd box, but i dont know what im doing wrong.
Just a matter of adding --verbose in the command line in Windows the shortcut. Rich must have made a video or an all-in-one screenshot about this Smile
Quote:Also, when does this happens? During initialization or are you doing something specific?
I start Gimp 2.10.2, and when i rightclick in the dedicated tab to start the addon manager, the error message pops up.
Right-click? Also, this implies tha the menu entries are present, which by itself mean that the script registration ran correctly.Jys to double check this, can you remove the python script, restart Gimp210, check that it's gone, and put it back, and restart Gimp210 again, and check that it's back?
Quote:AFAIK Python V2 never went farther than 2.7.12...
I have python V 2.7.13 installed (comes with Inkscape)
OK, so I'm wrong. But if you have 2.7.13, is it generally available, or just part of Inkscape? Are other Python scripts OK?
(05-22-2018, 09:28 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Just a matter of adding --verbose in the command line in Windows the shortcut. Rich must have made a video or an all-in-one screenshot about this Smile

Still no clue. Rich video would be good.

Quote:Right-click? Also, this implies tha the menu entries are present, which by itself mean that the script registration ran correctly.Jys to double check this, can you remove the python script, restart Gimp210, check that it's gone, and put it back, and restart Gimp210 again, and check that it's back?

After i deleted it and restarted Gimp, the addon entry was gone, but after closing Gimp and removing the script from the trash and making sure its again in the plug-ins folder, it doesnt re-appear in the menu.

But thats only a 2.10 problem, which doesnt happen in 2.8.

Quote:OK, so I'm wrong. But if you have 2.7.13, is it generally available, or just part of Inkscape? Are other Python scripts OK?

I dont know, but ofn-text-along-path for example, appears and works as expected.
In a Win7 64 bit VM , clean installation of Gimp 2.10.2 only addonCollectionManager-3.0.py in plugins

This just after querying plugin https://i.imgur.com/tfFOsdl.jpg

Trying to get anything out in Windoze beats me. The Gimp Crash Debug will not copy to the clipboard whichever way you try and crashes. FWIW a partial screenshot. https://i.imgur.com/81SylbS.jpg and https://i.imgur.com/iPzIhpY.jpg

Same as yesterday, addonCollectionManager never gets registered.
So where do I find the add-on manager to try it out and see if I can get anything out of it?