Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I colored in an image but the outline is still there...how to get rid of it?
I drew an image with pencil, scanned that and then put it in gimp. Drew a path, deleted the background and space inside of the path and filled it with color. But somehow there are still remnants of the pencil at the edges. That didn't happen to a different image I drew and filled in though, not sure why. Anyway is there any way to get rid of the pencil remnants?
Along the path, you likely have pixels of a color that are far enough from the background to no be taken in account, but still have a significant part of the old background to bee seen as a halo.

Making a guess without seeing your picture: instead bucket-filling "similar colors", make a selection with the path, and bucket-fill the selection, after putting the bucket-fill tool in "Behind" mode.
(10-29-2019, 01:44 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Along the path, you likely have pixels of a color that are far enough from the background to no be taken in account, but still have a significant part of the old background to bee seen as a halo.  

Making a guess without seeing your picture: instead bucket-filling "similar colors", make a selection with the path, and bucket-fill the selection, after putting the bucket-fill tool in "Behind" mode.

Yess it worked!! It still had marks after I did that but when I also re-cleared the background it was completely gone. Thank youuu!