Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oil leaks
Hello fellow gimpsters, I'm trying to create an effect of oil/ hydraulic fluid spraying out of a bullet hole ( I;m making a skin for a Warthunder WW2 airoplane , and working on a damage file..but nothing looks good??? have tried various water brushes/ templates.waterfalls,splats...but none really look correct,any ideas or a brush/effect you could recommend? Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do you have an example of a real-life leak?
No cant seem to find anything to resource from... might try scale model pics as the only pics I could locate show whole aircraft covered in oil
If you think about the reality of the situation; You've got a pressurised liquid coming out into a high speed stream of air, so most of it isn't going to hit the airframe, and what does is likely to be evenly spread, so I'd suggest that the airbrush tool is going to give you the most realistic effect.

However, I suspect that isn't going to give you the "artistic impression" that you're probably looking for Wink
(01-04-2017, 08:59 AM)Kevin Wrote: If you think about the reality of the situation; You've got a pressurised liquid coming out into a high speed stream of air, so most of it isn't going to hit the airframe, and what does is likely to be evenly spread, so I'd suggest that the airbrush tool is going to give you the most realistic effect.

However, I suspect that isn't going to give you the "artistic impression" that you're probably looking for Wink

And even... Getting "pressurised liquid coming out into a high speed stream of air" only happens if the pipe is external to the plane. Otherwise most of the leak is inside the frame. The only visible leaks I have seen in combat aircraft simulators is oil spread over the plane nose and cockpit, and V-shaped stains on the wings when tanks are hit by bullets. But engines of that era always had minor leaks, so you'll often see oil smears coming out of cowlings.
This is what I got so far using a drip brush...just thought somebody might have done something like this before...I'll keep at it... remember it is a stylised representation maybe not 100% facual ps this snipping tool is really low quality,the actual graphic is in DDS format

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks good...