Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
converting guides into lines
Hi,
I am a new GIMP 2.10 user and this is my first time on this forum so I hope I have expressed my question clearly. I have about 700 PSD files each of which has a guide/ grid (see the attached screenshot). I would like to turn the guide of each PSD files into a linear feature that can be exported as a JPEG or something similar. Since I have lots of files, a manual solution for each PSD would be very time consuming. I hope to able to do this in GIMP as I don't have Photoshop. Would really appreciate some help with this problem. All best,
Maximillian

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1) What should be the final result? The images with the lines added to it as real pixels?
2) Have you checked if at least the guides in the PSD appear as guides in Gimp?
Thanks for getting back to me on this. Yes the images with the ,ines added as real pixels would be great. Ye si I have checked the PSDs in GIMP and the guides appear there too. The screenshot I sent is of one of the PSDs open in GIMP. All best,
Maximillian
Maybe not directly.
Get the python script from here: http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14571 Unzip and put in your Gimp profile C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

That registeres in Imasge -> Guides -> Guides to Path
Then you can stroke the path(s) to create lines (preferably on a new layer in case of accidents)
Brilliant! Thanks v. much rich2005 I will definitely give this a try. All best,
Maximillian