Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pixelize tool clipping option missing?
[Image: pixelize-options.png]
This is the Pixelise tool shown in the documentation for 2.10 here: gimp 2.10 pixelise tool help

But I can't find this clipping option for this tool in gimp 2.10 for windows 10 x64 or 2.99 for win10 x64.

Am I missing something? Does the documentation show some features that don't exist yet? Is this only available on different platforms?

It looks really ugly having semi-pixels at the edges of the selection.
That must have come from a really early GEGL version. Take the Shape option shown as TODO. Not working Well it is working now. The clipping option is not there even in a Gimp 2.8 where the GEGL operations are consigned to the Tools section.
Not mentioned in the current GEGL parameters. https://gegl.org/operations/gegl-pixelize.html and I am not sure it is applicable anyway. Makes sense for say the rotate tool but pixelise blur where there is nothing to clip ?

Not much you can do about partial sized blocks in a selection. There is no automatic size-to-fit selection, only hand adjusting block size and offset values.

You can report the document misinformation as a bug, but from other posts I know the developers are really short of volunteers for maintaining the docs. As well as English there are other languages to consider, a big job.