Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plugin save for web in Gimp 2.9.6
(10-18-2017, 01:43 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 12:52 PM)Dkk Wrote: Hello everyone, I really liked Gimp 2.9.6 but I really need this plugin, would anyone know how to make it work in the new gimp?

follow the link of the plugin:
http://registry.gimp.org/node/33

Your forum profile gives both Windows and Linux as OS,

Gimp 2.9.6 so assuming Windows.  Unlike Windows Gimp 2.8.x the 2.9 development version does not support 32 bit plugins.

I do have a 64 bit Save-for-Web (webexport.exe) - attached, remember to unzip it.

This is a really old plugin, the code needs a re-write but I doubt if that will ever happen.

Just about works, throws up error messages, not just deprecated warnings but amazingly does export the file. You will have to put up with the error messages. 
Screenshot looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/uGRo8Il.jpg

If you do need the linux version, just ask.

Hi, I'm Sonia.
I would need to export the image to the web.
I use Xenialpup 64 7.5 (puppy derived from Ubuntu).
I have Gimp 2.9.9 portable (I think that's what you made).
If you have the zip file for Linux too I'd be grateful; also because I'm not very experienced with Linux can you show me, if it doesn't take too long, how to integrate "webexporter" in (your) Gimp portable?
Thx Sonia
IMHO, the only useful thing in Save-For-Web was to allow you to interactively find the best compromise between image quality and files size, and in 2.10 this is part of the standard JPEG export dialog (just click the "Show preview in image window").

Has the old save-for-web plugin been updated to take in account high precision images?
(01-14-2019, 04:24 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: IMHO, the only useful thing in Save-For-Web was to allow you to interactively find the best compromise between image quality and files size, and in 2.10 this is part of the standard JPEG export dialog (just click the "Show preview in image window").

Has the old save-for-web plugin been updated to take in account high precision images?

Ohh thank you for the explanation Smile ; but isn't there GIMP 2.10 portable or am I wrong?
Otherwise I would use it so - if I understood correctly - I would have everything integrated. Right?
sonia
(01-14-2019, 03:49 PM)soniabu Wrote: Hi, I'm Sonia.
If you have the zip file for Linux too I'd be grateful; also because I'm not very experienced with Linux can you show me, if it doesn't take too long, how to integrate "webexporter" in  (your) Gimp portable?
Thx Sonia

You can use Save-for-Web. The webexport plugin is attached, comes from the gimp-plugin-registry deb package. Unzip put in your Gimp user profile but..looks like this (this is my old gimp299.bin appimage)

[Image: aG7Vd70.jpg]

You will only get a jpeg out of it. Just as easy to use the Gimp export jpeg settings. With Show Preview enabled, there is a estimate of file size. With the exif stuff unticked and sub-sampling 4:2:2 the result is much the same as Save for Web.

[Image: a9xdzcn.jpg]

Want a linux Gimp 2.10.x portable? You will have to use an appimage (and webexport will still not work)

Attached Files
.zip   webexport.zip (Size: 33.53 KB / Downloads: 382)
(01-14-2019, 04:24 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: IMHO, the only useful thing in Save-For-Web was to allow you to interactively find the best compromise between image quality and files size, and in 2.10 this is part of the standard JPEG export dialog (just click the "Show preview in image window").

I used Gimp Appimage 2.10.9 and I saw how you write the possibility of rewriting the image.
You were kind.
sonia
P.S. I did not know but this function was already there on the release gimp 2.9.9

(01-14-2019, 04:59 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 03:49 PM)soniabu Wrote: Hi, I'm Sonia.
If you have the zip file for Linux too I'd be grateful; also because I'm not very experienced with Linux can you show me, if it doesn't take too long, how to integrate "webexporter" in  (your) Gimp portable?
Thx Sonia

You can use Save-for-Web. The webexport plugin is attached, comes from the gimp-plugin-registry deb package. Unzip put in your Gimp user profile but..looks like this (this is my old gimp299.bin  appimage)

[Image: aG7Vd70.jpg]

You will only get a jpeg out of it. Just as easy to use the Gimp export jpeg settings. With Show Preview enabled, there is a estimate of file size. With the exif stuff unticked and sub-sampling 4:2:2 the result is much the same as Save for Web.

[Image: a9xdzcn.jpg]

Want a linux Gimp 2.10.x portable? You will have to use an appimage (and webexport will still not work)

ohh wonderful ! thanks Rich I also like this. So I have several possibilities
thanks again
sonia

P.S.
I tried a few minutes ago appimage 2.10.9 as you had already indicated me previously.

I like everything about this software.  It's complex, but I think it should be like that because it allows you to manage the imagination.
Right on!