Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convert selection to a row of tiles
It seems I didn't need to use the AppImage version of GIMP to use the guillotine or grid plugins in your zip file.

As for the guillotine plugin, where has that come from? I'm just thinking what if I was wanting to run GIMP on a RPi or whatever (an ARM or maybe even RISCV machine), I probably wouldn't be able to use that binary in your zip file right?

Thanks
(02-19-2023, 11:39 AM)danboid Wrote: It seems I didn't need to use the AppImage version of GIMP to use the guillotine or grid plugins in your zip file.

That is correct, you only need python for python plugins something.py ..but there are so many useful python plugins, you are at a disadvantage without it.

Quote:As for the guillotine plugin, where has that come from? I'm just thinking what if I was wanting to run GIMP on a RPi or whatever (an ARM or maybe even RISCV machine), I probably wouldn't be able to use that binary in your zip file right?

I compiled that for myself more than a few years ago. The code and a windows plugin attached

Attached Files
.gz   guillotine-into-layers-0.1.tar.gz (Size: 27.12 KB / Downloads: 65)
I think I might've found a slightly newer version of the guillotine plugin so I've attached it.

I got it from http://www.aljacom.com/~gimp/Sources_Plugins.7z

I got it to build after installing libgimp2.0-dev and runnig chmod 777 * on the files in its folder after extaction. It gave a permissions error otherwise.

I presume neither the grid nor this guillotone plugin are packaged by Debian / Ubuntu or you would've told me to install a certain plugins package right?

.gz   guillotine-into-layers-0.1.2.tar.gz (Size: 27.44 KB / Downloads: 80)

Here's an updated archive with the latest Linux x64 guillotine binary, its Windows exe and the guides-grid.scm

I have written this up as a guide on the Uzebox wiki here:

https://uzebox.org/wiki/Convert_an_image...g_the_GIMP

Thanks again for your help!

Attached Files
.zip   Guillotine_and_guides_GIMP_plugins.zip (Size: 11.28 KB / Downloads: 64)