Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Icon theme
Hi, I am working on an icon theme for Ubuntu. It is based on Yaru ( the default icon theme ). The difficult part is that there are many sizes of PNGs that Yaru ask for each image.

I was wondering if there can be some script or so that can resize an image into all Yaru-compatible icon sizes?  Something like we have for iconify.

An image needs to be in 256, 48, 3, 24, 22, 16 and 8 sizes for the icon theme to work properly.

For now, I am using a 256x256 for all. It causes burr ing at edges, in some cases, info windows show a big image than a small icon due to the parent image size.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
ofn-export-sizes will export your image scaled to specified sizes.
Awesome!!

Thanks admin :trophy-emoji
A least that is a Gimp solution. Best I could come up with is a ImageMagick script

That is one monster task. The Yaru theme is a monster: 140 folders / 5787 files / 11428 items (lots of symbolic links) a script to do all at once is beyond me.

Suggest one file at a time, as they are created. A project folder with the size folders then for any 256x256 icon a script to resize and put in the appropriate folder.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

convert $1 -resize 48x48 ~/temp/48/$1
convert $1 -resize 32x32 ~/temp/32/$1
#...as many different sizes as you like..as long as there is a folder
convert $1 -thumbnail 24x24 ~/temp/24/$1
convert $1 -interpolate Integer -filter point -resize 8x8 ~/temp/8/$1

Those tiny sizes are a problem, a regular resize just leaves a smudge so slight changes. 8x8 is still a problem.

Remember the filename parameter autocompletes so not a lot of typing required

This a screenshot of my try-out.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks, I not using Ubuntu now, will try as soon as I am on it.

The Yaru theme is a superset of the Yaru icon theme. I am modifying only the icon theme ( just in case you got confused ) which has only the listed folders.

I have the Yaru full source and can build from it if the new icons are all SVG. I am able to build a few of them using Blender, so there is no SVG to use in the source files to build.

I left the original default Yaru theme in the system untouched. Copied the files and gave them a new name and is adding to .icons in the home folder.
Yeh...not a great lover of stock Ubuntu desktop. I have used KDE in various forms for a long time. Suits my requirements

Not confused. I download the yaru deb package: http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/ma....4_all.deb   ..and unpacked it to find those stats:

A monster: Exclamation By all means modify in any way you wish Wink
I decided to stick with default Ubuntu because most tools support it. I had Plasma for a long time but it was hard to keep up with many 3rd party tools' instructions.  

Never knew that there was a deb. I went to /usr/share/icons and grabbed the Yaru folder

Not working on colour schemes, only the default Yaru pack  Smile

https://github.com/ubuntu/yaru/tree/ubun...icons/Yaru