Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scanner not recognized by 2.10
My scanner no longer appears in the
File|Create...|Scanner/Camera|Select Source 
window on one of my computers (32bitWin8.1Pro).  

It does appear on my other (32bitWin7Pro) computer.

Gimp 2.10.2 is on both computers.
The scanner appeared before I upgraded Gimp to a recent version.  The scanner is an all-in-one and it prints so I know both my OS' recognize it.
The Gimp twain driver is 32 bit, so should be no problem on your installations.

Even in a Win10 64 bit VM with the regular gimp 2.10.2 from gimp.org File-> Create-> etc brought up the select device dialogue. This worked ok with a USB connection to my Brother printer/scanner but not with a wireless connection. Printer is seen but not the scanner.

Is one of the connections wireless? Works in one computer but not the other tends to point to the Windows/printer/scanner installation.
(06-21-2018, 08:26 AM)rich2005 Wrote: The Gimp twain driver is 32 bit, so should be no problem on your installations.

Even in a Win10 64 bit VM with the regular gimp 2.10.2 from gimp.org File-> Create-> etc brought up the select device dialogue. This worked ok with a USB connection to my Brother printer/scanner but not with a wireless connection. Printer is seen but not the scanner.

Is one of the connections wireless? Works in one computer but not the other tends to point to the Windows/printer/scanner installation.

Thank you very much for your reply, rich2005!

Neither connection is wireless, both are via ethernet.

I guess I should do something like reinstall the printer/scanner's drivers on the problematic computer's OS.
Un/re-installing the printer/scanner's drivers on the problematic PC worked!