Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animation with only GIMP ! You're opinion please
Quite good. Can't speak French so don't know what the subtitles are. I like that your using Gimp and Gap. Good luck with them Cool
(07-26-2022, 11:11 AM)Tas_mania Wrote: Quite good. Can't speak French so don't know what the subtitles are. I like that your using Gimp and Gap. Good luck with them Cool

Oh yes I'm sorry for the French language!
I plan to make a version subtitled in English once the project is finished, unless you have learned French by then haha

Thank you so much for taking the time to watch and comment, that's very kind of you.

Here is episode n°10 if you are interested despite the French language:

I continue my animation project using exclusively GIMP and the GAP pack! It took me 1300 hours to make these 28 episodes. I think I'll stop at episode 42, the road is still long. In any case, long live Gimp! I would never see myself drawing with any software other than this.
Just my 2 cents,

150 million people speak french as their mother language, although according to recent data from Ethnologue, 274 million people speak French worldwide. However, the 'unofficial' number could be much closer to 300 million speakers, but it also mean that between 15o million and and 300 million they speak another language....

A total of about 456.0 million people worldwide speak English as their mother tongue... Out of the world's approximately 7.8 billion inhabitants (which is 8 billion nowadays), 1.35 billion (1.5 nowadays) speak English (and certainly a lot more!! as I don't recall being in a country where no one was speaking english... Um.. except in Russia in 2006, OK I was not in Moscow, thus it can be arguable)

665 subscribers to your channel because your title, description and subtitle are in French...

It's obvious that you can write in English on this forum (unless you're using google translate), thus I don't understand why you are doing it in French if you want to be seen > and if you are posting your videos here (English based forum), it is because you want to be seen... > am I wrong?
Anyway it's always a pleasure to see your video!

Now your animation: Impressive, let's face it that's an absolute incredible work, and knowing you did use only GIMP, it deserves to be seen... worldwide!

*() Numbers are just a simple search on Google "How many people speak French" and "How many people Speak English", thus to take with a lot of salt...
Patrice
Really great, making gimp shine.
The "red devil" scenes remind me of a devil character I made when I was younger! I called him burnie you are remaking that thick red colouring for my eyes to see. hehe.

The 3d effects are great, If I were making this I would pack it full with them, but I'm not its your project.

Really classic, keep it for ages, and watch it again later and amaze yourself! =)