Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
split selection in all layer
Video 
I would like to know if there is any way to select the same shape of an image in all layers and then cut it and preserve it from changes. I expose my situation:

I want to erase the background behind the character, I am editing a gif file using the ofn-layer-tiles plugin and erasing the background with the color to alpha tool and the eraser. All very well until I realized that I cannot erase blue and white pixels from the background without also erasing them from the character (eyes and clothes). Erasing with the rubber layer by layer has been difficult for me and I was wondering if there is a way to "protect" the character by removing it from the selection or cutting it, because it is a static image, I share the progress that I have of the image now and also the original image:https://i.imgur.com/6pX6Z90.gif and original https://i.imgur.com/gDRIbQX.mp4
I hope I have been clear and can help me
Translated by Google translator
- Make a selection on the character (or anything you want to protect)
- Select>Save to channel: this saves the selection mask as a channel (see channel list)
- When you make a color selection, go to the Channels list, right click on the saved selection, and Subtract from selection: now you selection is whatever you selected minus anything in the character.

Note that the selection can be restricted to the sensitive parts: eyes and dress.

If you use ofn-tiles to work on a tiled image, you can
  • create the selection on a single frame in a distinct image (that image should be the size of a tile in the tiled image, and framed the same way).
  • Select>Save to channel
  • Make the channel the active "drawable" (click on it in the channels list)
  • Select>All, Edit>Copy
  • Open the "tiled" image
  • In the Toolbox or the Patterns list, select the "Clipboard" pattern
  • Layer>New layer, and select the Pattern fill (you can also create a blank layer, and then use the bucket-fill in "Pattern" mode). In both cases you should end with the mask created in the frame image replicated over each tile.
  • Open the Channels list
  • Drag any of the R,G,B channels (they are all identical anyway) to the list below to make a copy, and optionally rename the copy.
  • You can now use that channel as a subtraction mask as above
(09-08-2020, 06:42 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: - Make a selection on the character (or anything you want to protect)
- Select>Save to channel: this saves the selection mask as a channel (see channel list)
- When you make a color selection, go to the Channels list, right click on the saved selection, and Subtract from selection: now you selection is whatever you selected minus anything in the character.

Note that the selection can be restricted to the sensitive parts: eyes and dress.

If you use ofn-tiles to work on a tiled image, you can
  • create the selection on a single frame in a distinct image (that image should be the size of a tile in the tiled image, and framed the same way).
  • Select>Save to channel
  • Make the channel the active "drawable" (click on it in the channels list)
  • Select>All, Edit>Copy
  • Open the "tiled" image
  • In the Toolbox or the Patterns list, select the "Clipboard" pattern
  • Layer>New layer, and select the Pattern fill (you can also create a blank layer, and then use the bucket-fill in "Pattern" mode). In both cases you should end with the mask created in the frame image replicated over each tile.
  • Open the Channels list
  • Drag any of the R,G,B channels (they are all identical anyway) to the list below to make a copy, and optionally rename the copy.
  • You can now use that channel as a subtraction mask as above

I really appreciated that you take your time to explain it, works like a charm!