Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
texteditor, letters are writting overlapping
Hello!
I'm a new user and it happend to be, that I cant' use a font properly. It worked, but  obviously I've changed something because now the letters are only writing at one place. And it only happens with the font I want to use.- Of course I can take an other font, but than I still don't know what I have done to my beloved font (btw it is comfortaa).
I would be very happy if somebody could help.
I've tried allready for several hours to fix that, can't find a sollution.
Best regards Frau Zahn

...my english is quiet okay I suppose but not so good to understand all technical language Smile

I've just found out, that it is between 200 px and 201 px, so it is probably the font itself?
Does anybody ever hade a problem like this?

Attached Files Image(s)

Comfortaa is included in Google Fonts which are usually very well constructed.

You screenshot does not show the text spacing only shows a size of 80. 
Please post a screenshot showing all of the on-screen text tool with the cursor somewhere in the text (not beginning or end).  Something like this.

See attached image:
1) This area changes all text.
2) This area changes selected text.
3) This changes the kerning (letter spacing). Set to zero.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you very much for the answer. The screen shot shows what happens under 201 px the other word was writen with 205.  I took care of the settings and I only changed the size, never the other parameters.
Above that it seems that Gimp doesn't react after using this font and I have to restart.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for the screenshot. I am not able to reproduce that effect so it might be a OSX issue.

This in linux with the parameters shown in your screenshot.

Try resetting the tool-options using Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options 
click on "Reset Saved Tool Options to Default Values" then click OK
Restart Gimp, see if it makes any difference.

Quote:Above that it seems that Gimp doesn't react after using this font and I have to restart.

That is strange and worrying.
 It might be that the downloaded font is broken. You can try the font I am using, Zipped and attached. Unzip. Put it in your OSX GIMP user fonts folder (wherever that is) See if that freezes up.

Attached Files
.zip   Comfortaa.zip (Size: 194.41 KB / Downloads: 101)
Same as Rich, I cannot duplicate the problem. I downloaded the font from Dafont.

I did notice in your image that in area 1 (as per my image) you have set the size to 180, but in area 2 you have the size set to 200. What happens if you don't use area 2 at all? Set the size in area 1 only.
Thank you very much! I installed the font you have sent me and that solved the problem. It seemed that I was using a damaged font. Although it gave an damage allert when I was installing the new font, it is working now.
Thank you very much!!!!