Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trouble with brush and color intesity.
I just started using gimp for painting and drawing. I was drawing some subjects on a red background with a dark hue. As I was using the measuring tool to get the proportions right, suddenly all the dockable dialogues disappeared and the image became full screen. I don't know, maybe I did the wrong click in my stylus. Not knowing how to get the image to leave full screen, I rest gimp to the default settings. I restarted the program and I got the image to go back in a smaller window and the dockable boxes to show. but the drawing is misbehaving. All the colors I use with the brush show muted on the red background. Other files do not this. I think there must be a layer or something that I accidentally activated. I am attaching the file, I hope it works.

Rafael

Attached Files
.xcf   practice.xcf (Size: 571.94 KB / Downloads: 371)
You have the quick mask on, which is especially unfortunate because its red and so is your image, thats why everything looks muted Smile
(Shift + Q to toggle on and off)

Hard to say how the other things happened, hitting 'Tab' for example, hides the docks.
As Espermaschine, quickmask is on. As well as the key shortcut, it is toggles on/off with the little icon bottom left.

[Image: YC00W0U.jpg]

Full screen no dialogues? F11 goes full screen and tab hides docks. Do you have a dual monitor setup?

Why did it happen? In Edit preferences the default for Tool Options, Window Management, & Input Devices is "Save on Exit"

It is possible to set up Gimp in a way you want, then disable those options, forcing Gimp to start the same way every time.
Thank you guys, Now it is back where it was. I'll have to read the manual.