Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copy paste on specific selection
Hi, 

I am not a graphics designer, but using Gimp for some small fixes. 

Attached is the drape image of bed linen, with pillows covers being of a different design than the bedsheet. 

I need to now change the pillow cover design make it the same as the bedsheet design. Meanwhile, need to retain the shape of the pillow covers. 

Would greatly appreciate if someone can advise how to copy and paste selection from the bedsheet on the pillow covers, and still retain the shape. 

A.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That is not a wonderful jpeg you posted. Hopefully you have a better (and larger) version somewhere.

For the pattern, all about identifying a repeating shape. You might already have it but from the image a selection like this.

Copied and becomes a clipboard pattern. That is the first entry in the patterns dock.

Filling,
I do not think anything special was done to the original so,  I traced the pillow shapes with paths.
For the main outline, path to selection, filled with the pattern.
New transparent layer and nothing clever for the shadow. Paths to selections, paint around the edges with a fuzzy brush. 
Reduce the layer opacity to suit. Repeated for the different sections.

You can overlay the original but an example, built up with layers (and groups) if you ever start from scratch.

Too large for attachment so: 
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=...h9Vbx3W9VV gimp xcf file 4 MB