Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
two questions
GIMP 2.10.20

1) Wacom One sensitivity not working. Set to 'screen' and tried with 'opacity pressure' setting. I've watched the youtube tutorials and this is impossible to screw up yet its not working. I think there is a bug.

2) "shift+[" and "shift+]" are not working. These are default shortcuts to de/increase the brush size by 10.  De/increase by 1 with '[' and ']' work fine. 

Any help at all is appreciated. Thank you.

PS I wrote this already and then when I pressed post it said request to large and deleted everything I wrote. Gimp has me very confused and ready to go back to paint.net.  Angry
Quote:PS I wrote this already and then when I pressed post it said request to large and deleted everything I wrote. Gimp has me very confused and ready to go back to paint.net.

You tried to post a attachment that is too large. There is a 500 MB limit on most image formats.
Gimp / paint.net - both free to use - whatever is your choice

1) Wacom One sensitivity not working.
Tablet support is an ongoing problem. The developers are aware of it but until Gimp 3 comes along the existing Gimp structure retains the problem. The usual advice is:
Make sure the tablet driver is the most recent version.
Make sure the tablet is plugged in before starting Gimp.

2) "shift+[" and "shift+]" are not working. These are default shortcuts to de/increase the brush size by 10. De/increase by 1 with '[' and ']' work fine.

These are set up incorrectly in the defaults. They probably work with some keyboards & not others. You need to enter them manually in Edit -> Keyboard Shortcuts Find and change the shortcut to shift-{ and shift-}

This from another post on the subject: https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachm...1591383041
(06-17-2020, 07:14 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:PS I wrote this already and then when I pressed post it said request to large and deleted everything I wrote. Gimp has me very confused and ready to go back to paint.net.

You tried to post a attachment that is too large. There is a 500 MB limit on most image formats.

500KB, actually, for most types (JPG, PNG, ZIP) Smile  and 2MB for XCF and derivatives.
Thanks, I am sort of KB / MB / GB dyslexic - always quoting the wrong one Wink

Pulled the old Wacom out from the back of the desk draw. Works ok here Gimp 2.10.20 / dynamics Pressure-Opacity

(06-17-2020, 02:30 AM)Carl Wrote: PS I wrote this already and then when I pressed post it said request to large and deleted everything I wrote. Gimp has me very confused and ready to go back to paint.net.  Angry

Years ago I actually was using Paint.net before Gimp, and I know exactly how you feel.

But I have to say that it is worth the effort to learn Gimp.  It is much more powerful, although Paint.net is a decent program.

"The GIMP is a beast. It's a powerful beast, but one that takes time to tame."
https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/20946-...t-to-gimp/
Thank you all for the replies, help, and patience.
Apologies for not searching about the hotkeys before posting. I attempted to change the hotkey to { and } but it still visuals as shift+[ in the hotkey menu and doesnt change the brush size, still.

The reason I want to use GIMP is for the pressure sensitivity that paint.net does not yet have implemented. I'm still facing the issue that pressure sensitivity is not working. All drivers are up to date. It works fine with 3d sculpting in blender so I know the pad works.

I googled about which free softwares support pressure sensitivity and GIMP was one I'd heard of so I thought I'd try it. I guess I'll have to find something else. I assume official support is not an option considering the software is free.

UPDATE: I reset the Input devices via preferences and its working now. Hotkeys still not working.

I would close this thread except I don't know if I have permissions or even how to.
(06-18-2020, 01:19 AM)Carl Wrote: I would close this thread except I don't know if I have permissions or even how to.

No answer is definitive Smile