Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
use of eraser tool
Dear All,

I have a problem with the use of the eraser. After I tracked a line on a layer or on the original foreground, I can not understand why in some cases the eraser is working well and permit me to delete part of the line or totally, in some other cases this is not possible, and when I use the eraser simply happen absolutely nothing. Or, in other cases the eraser track a line like a pencil. I'm sure it must depend on the settings of the layers, but I have no idea how to solve this problem. It is frustrating to draw a line and not able to delete it.

Thank you.
Can you post a screenshot of the gimp interface with tool options and layers showing.

However, at the moment best guess:

Check that dynamics are (1) Dynamics Off  also (2) brush / layer opacity and (3) the type of brush has an effect, do not use an animated brush.
Make sure what you need to erase is on the active layer.
Hi, I have checked the dynamics but it's the same settings you told, and things did not change, the eraser did not works. A symbol of "denied access" appear above close to the icon of the eraser when I move it on the picture.

I have tryied several time using also other pictures and in some cases, instead the "access denied" appear the symbol minus "-".

Thank you.

Attached Files Image(s)

Your screenshot is so small, the settings are not visible Wink However The only obvious one . You have anti-erase set. That gives the icon with the minus sign. Untick that. The anti-erase option will uncover any transparent pixels that were previously erased. example:  https://i.imgur.com/d6jgQqB.jpg

For other issues you need to check in the layers dock, (I suppose somewhere off your screenshot). example: https://i.imgur.com/4NJ0ygz.jpg
Check list:
Erase on the active layer
Erase inside layer boundary
Layer locks are off: The icons top of the layers dialog toggles on/off  When on, the icon has the no-entry bar sign.

Hi,

great!!!!!! It works!!!!

I'm so happy to be free from this frustrating situation :-)

Thank you very very much.