Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what happened? image appears cropped
I was working (for the first time) with a photo in a single layer using the healing tool, zooming in and out to view my work.  But I must have done something wrong and now the left hand side of the image is gone, like it was cropped.  I tried Layer Image to Size.  Any idea what happened and if I can fix without having to revert to an earlier version?  Screen shot attached.  Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

FWIW. My opinion, if you only have that as a jpeg image then back to an earlier version.

How it happened? Only you can really answer that. Never heard of the zoom tool having that effect.

Start keeping intermediate versions as new layers in a Gimp .xcf file, and save often. It will be a big file but when finished then you can export the result as a jpeg.
(10-22-2018, 05:42 PM)LoriD Wrote: I was working (for the first time) with a photo in a single layer using the healing tool, zooming in and out to view my work.  But I must have done something wrong and now the left hand side of the image is gone, like it was cropped.  I tried Layer Image to Size.  Any idea what happened and if I can fix without having to revert to an earlier version?  Screen shot attached.  Th
Thanks for your reply Rich.  I wish I knew what I did but I have no idea.  I was saving an xcf file occasionally so I have that.  Multiple layers is a good idea.