Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why after i have hid all layers, there is still something visible ?
I have hid all layers and still there is something visible.. what is that ?  why is it visible ? 
I have drawn the cloud like thing with path tool.. but somehow it is not added into layer.. why ?
Appreciate if somehow point out the problem.
Thanks

[Image: NJZnlVB.png]
All about how boundaries are shown and how they interact.

The yellow dotted line is a layer boundary, size of the layer. You see that when the layer is active. You can paint / fill ..etc  inside that boundary but not outside it.

The white dotted line is a selection. You can paint inside that, providing it fits inside the layer boundary. Anything outside the selection is ignored.

The red line is the path. You see that when the path has the visibility (eye) icon enabled.  You can fill that or make it into a selection and paint inside providing the path fits inside the active layer.

A quick animation of those: https://i.imgur.com/rm1sHha.mp4

So to answer your question, why is the 'something' visible ? You really need those to navigate during editing. You can turn them off in the view menu - Show Selection / Show Layer Boundary and toggle the path visibility in the path dialogue.
bilbo Wrote:Thanks for helping out.  I spent hrs to try to draw some diagram on gimp.. lol hard to use.

I watched your animation, understand some but also don't understand some..
Your gif animation .. if you do make youtube with voice, explain it in youtube will be super good, I believe a lot of new user will benefited from this video.

Thanks.
Gimp gets easier the more you use it. There are plenty youtube videos on basic Gimp editing.

If you post something a bit more specific, like what you are trying to do with your layered gimp file then maybe someone can give advice.