Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why is the ink dropper so small
I got a new laptop and the ink dropper tool that shows the color, the box is so TINY i can barley see it. On my older laptop its bigger. How do I change the ink dropper tool so that i can see the color box bigger? Do I need new a different laptop?
If you mean the tool Icon, you can change the size in preferences.
[attachment=9218]

Smile
Or you may have to change settings in your computer to see things larger

Another thing you could do, is check the 'use info window' in colour picker tool options
[attachment=9219]
This will show the colour picked larger

Smile
Quote:I got a new laptop ...snip...Do I need new a different laptop?

No, you do not need a new laptop.  Does your new laptop have a 4K display, typically 3840x2160 pix ? One of those then very nice Wink

You can increase the toolbox icons as described by sallyanne, You can also use a plugin from here: http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t...10#p261235  and increase the size of menu text and other icons which might suit the computer better.  Side by side example before/after

You also say you are using Windows XP (which I doubt) I do not use Windows but I understand there is a display scaling option somewhere that brings the display more like an hd (1920x1080) display.

However, no way that I know of changing the ink dropper tool cursor that appears on the canvas.

Edit: From a search I understand the settings for changing screen resolution (for an application) is
This PC > Local Disc (C: ) > Program Files > GIMP 2 > bin, right click on gimp-2.10, open Properties, click on Compatibility. On the settings options select: Override high DPI scaling