Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi-Frame Color Change
Hey gang...

When working with the frames for an animated gif, can you exchange colors on multiple frames at one time?

Thanks!
No.

But you can temporarily join all your frames into a single layer, process the layer, and split it back into frames when done. This can be done with the ofn-layer-tiles script.
What exactly do you mean by "exchange" color???

If by exchange, you mean some frames are colored and some in greyscale,it is possible.

It is possible by having having the colored frames in a seperate .xcf file and the frames in greyscale in a different .xcf file.

Then these two files can be merged into a single animation through File -> Open as layers option.

The order of opening the files with layers as frames will be the order of frames for the animation.

So, if the greyscale frames need to be first, then they need to be opened first and then the colored frames on top.
(04-14-2019, 12:41 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: No.

But you can temporarily join all your frames into a single layer, process the layer, and split it back into frames when done. This can be done with the  ofn-layer-tiles script.

So I guess this becomes a bonus opportunity to learn how to use scripts. Can you point me to a good source for that as well?
(04-14-2019, 01:10 PM)DarwinsFlinch Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 12:41 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: No.

But you can temporarily join all your frames into a single layer, process the layer, and split it back into frames when done. This can be done with the  ofn-layer-tiles script.

So I guess this becomes a bonus opportunity to learn how to use scripts. Can you point me to a good source for that as well?

Maybe the visible link https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-to...s/scripts/ in ofn-layer-tiles text!?