Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
python-fu missing, plugins are there
1.  i have no idea about the completely seperate installation of python.  it was a result of something ofnuts asked me to do (find python.exe, navagte to, execute).  i still have no idea why a search of the C: drive did not show an instance in program files\gimp2??  if i seasrch program files it appears??  also the "C:\hp\" directory does not show up on windows explorer (i have included a screen shot)??

2.   yes, my mistake, the files do exist in the gimp installation (i have included a screen shot).

3.   i realize that some of my plugins are not functional in my 2.8.22 installation.  i am in the process of weeding out plugins and scripts i dont use or dont work (example: gimp-painter).  this installation with this profile is working well on my XP platform..

4.   i have renamed my profile to a backup, ran gimp, created new profile.  the "Filters -> Render -> Clouds -> Fog" does not appear (i have included a screen shot).

5.   i have renamed the C:\hp\bin\Python to C:\hp\bin\Python-backup. restarted the machine and restarted gimp and the "fog" option still does not appear.

6.   also, now that i found the copy of python.exe in gimp, i repeated the step that ofnuts asked me to do by navagating to and executing the python.exe in my GIMP library.  it gets an error message about "side by side" issues (i have included a screen shot)??

7.   is there any other way to get the "portable" version of gimp 2.8.22?  i have never been able to get to "sourceforge", my computers tell me it cant provide a secure connection with no options??  please keep in mind that this installation with all these plugins and scripts is working fine on my XP machine...

Thanks for the help, appreciate it!    dhugg

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
python-fu missing, plugins are there - by dhugg - 10-30-2019, 04:48 PM
RE: python-fu missing, plugins are there - by dhugg - 10-31-2019, 03:43 PM