Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue-Saturation adding artifacts to some images
(08-26-2021, 12:45 PM)PixLab Wrote: On the original image > Color Picker tool > take something that YOU KNOW is gray (or white, but white might be blown out...), not dark grey, but middle/light grey
Then New layer (transparent) > fill it with that color (which is blue-ish or green-ish depending where you did dive or the depth you dove) > put it in Mode "Divide" (play with transpency ~50%)

If you are not very satisfied, duplicate that layer (the blue-green-ish one) then > Color > Invert > put it in mode "Dodge" > play with opacity ~50%
(don't forget to untick the eye / visibility of that blue-green-ish layer below)

Thank you! It's my first time trying to use any semblance of a professional-looking program to edit my photos; they were turning out pretty good but this should make them even better! Funnily enough though, after using your method of white balancing...I still got more of those black-ish grainy spots all over the place if I tried to use Hue-Saturation to boost the saturation of a certain color after using the new layer from visible. I guess it's just something I'll have to live with for now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hue-Saturation adding artifacts to some images - by Mango Turtl - 08-26-2021, 03:12 PM