Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A script solution requested: conversion from text-only pdf to pagewise image files
As always, Mr. rich2005, you never expect a thank you, but having observed the world from a society limited by a 1000 years of oppressions and exploitations, my 'thank you' comes automatically. Dear moderators, this is not 'politics', but history. Look at Marseilles today and you will have an idea. So please, if needed, delete the contentious sentences, but please spare the rest post.

Now to your post:
(07-01-2023, 01:18 PM)rich2005 Wrote: OK, some comparisons which might affect your workflow.

A 3page pdf produced by the DTP program Scribus. Scribus makes good pdf's This one is all text, various fonts and comes with the font metrics embedded. The size is 196 kb ...

Yes, but my advantage is that my file was created with LibreOffice Writer and I embedded the font with my LibreOffice text file. So the created pdf file also has the fonts embedded by default.

But before we proceed further, there is another issue that needs to be addressed. With the code line:
Code:
convert -density 92 imagename.pdf -colorspace Gray imagename-gray.jpg

The image files that are created begin from 1,2,3, ...,11, 12, 13 and so on. Not 001, 002, 003, ..., 011, 012, 013, ...

So what happens is that after 1, comes 10, 11, 12, ..., 19, then 2, 21, 22, and so on, when I use:
Code:
convert image*.jpg output.pdf
to rejoin the image files into one pdf file. In other words, the ordering is not as intended.

So, if the image creation could be modulated for imagemagick to create files from 000 and count up to 999, this problem could be addressed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A script solution requested: conversion from text-only pdf to pagewise image files - by bkpsusmitaa - 07-01-2023, 02:29 PM